We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Feb 16, 2010

So wonderfully peaceful.

     It nice down at the horses today, there was a gentle breeze and the sun was out.  Besides being a nice day in terms of weather, it was nice because everything was so calm. 

     I did some stuff with Gingy first, but I found myself not wanting to do anything at all.  We just piddled around LOL.  He was quite disrespectful last time so we worked on that and I think things are back in balance.  I did some porcupine stuff with him, which was fun.  A lot of times he started to get to dominant again and lose focus on what I was asking him to do.  However, most of the time I was with him he was very attentive even when I just pointed my finger or dropped my energy.  

     Next, I got Marsy out.  I decided to just let her out of the pen since it's hard to keep the other horses from chasing her away when I'm trying to halter her.  She's gotten out before so I knew she wouldn't go anywhere.  She went and started grazing on the hay by the fence.  It took a little to get her to come to me, but she halter nicely.  I can't say as we did much besides friendly.  Her friendly is a lot better and we are both so much more relaxed.  

     Today was....well, peaceful.  After I'd kinda done all I wanted to do with Marsan I sat down against hay barn while Marsan grazed.  A cat found my lap so I petted her.  I felt so comfortable and relaxed that I didn't want to do anything, I only wanted to stay there with a warm cat on my lap, my calm horse nearby, and the last rays of sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment