We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Feb 15, 2010

How does your horse make you feel?

     This is the question that was on my mind today as I played with my horses.  When I come down to see them how do I feel, and as I play does my feeling change?  I hung out with Marsy today.  As I began playing with her, a sense of peace washed over me.  From there on out I felt two things, 1) I didn't have much energy to contribute, and 2) I was totally relaxed.  So what kind of feelings do you think your horses cause in you?  Please comment.

     Needless to say, Marsy and I had a wonderful, relaxing playtime together.  She is doing a lot better with all of her friendly games and I think she is beginning to trust me more.  It was kinda funny because we were both quite lethargic today, I found that it was difficult to even ask her to trot!  She definitely responded to this by slowing way down too.  I have felt this once before when we did a massage clinic together, toward the end of it we were both practically asleep!  Does this "sleepy" feeling mean I am going to my "happy place"?

     I tried to play with Gingy after Marsan and I were done, but I found that I didn't have any energy what so ever left.  I tried doing a few things with him, but he seemed to sense I wasn't all there LOL.  He kept wandering off for food, but I see why.  It's quite interesting how my sleepiness affect Gingy and Marsan differently.  Marsan seemed to really appreciate the slow pace and Gingy took it to mean he could go do something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment