This morning my mom came in my room around seven to tell me that she thought the horses had gotten out! She new this because you see their little tracks all over the ground in the snow that we got last night. I was pretty tired when I fed them last night so I must have left the gate open when I went to attend to their water.
As we were getting dressed to go look for them, the animal control lady came to our door to let us know that they were at our neihbore's. At least we knew right were to go!
So 7:30 am found us trekking out the half mile to our neighbor's house to retrive those rascals. When we arrived we saw old Sug out in their yard trying to get at the alfalfa that they had stacked next to their horse pen LOL. Pretty soon Marsan, Gingy, and Cherroke filed out of the trees. The animal control people were very amazed at how well manner all of our horses were. They got their halters right on, which was awesome!
Gingy was so funny because as I was getting his halter on he kept trying to follow my mom because she was giving Cherroke treats LOL. Once I got Marsy and Gingy's leads sorted out, we got on the move. The animal control car was parked right on the side of the road. I had to back Marsan between car and a big clump of snow. She wasn't really happy about it and eventually she ended up going sideways, but again everyone was so amazed at how well Marsan handled that!
From there the journy home was easy. Suprisingly, Gingy and Marsy were very attentive to me all the way back. Sometimes I would stop to ajust something and they would both stop instantly. Once just to see I stop and started backing up and they perfectly mirrored me!
I'm glad we were able to find them and none of them got run over or anything! All and all it was a nice little excursion in snow :)
Feb 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment