The weather was really nice today, so I decided play with Marsy a little when I was done with Gingy. We started slow, but we actually made a lot of progress. Best of all we had fun.
When I got Gingy she was trying to follow me around, thus, she was only too happy when I singled her out. Gingy was like, "What?!" I got her out intending to just let her graze while I worked the snarls out of her mane, but I got bored. I did some extreme friendly games with her, which she did really good with. After that, we played a little treat game on the road. I would throw the treat, then we would do transitions in z3 so Marsy could go eat it. She really enjoyed getting the treats. That's pretty much all we did, but it was a really nice and I really enjoyed it. I noticed that Marsan was very LBE this play session and that's great!
I did do some stuff with Gingy before I played with Marsan. We did traveling circle, lead by the tail, sideways over cones, z4 driving, and lots of friendly game! Zone 4 driving is progressing very well, I think all of the friendly game I've been doing in that area has helped a lot(thanks for the tip Lea!). It never really occurred to me that the problem was his discomfort with me in z4/z5, he is very good at covering up his feelings. He did well with his traveling circle too. He offered a little trot once he understood what we were doing, but I pressed him a little too hard(I'll just have to be careful to ask less next time). Lastly Gingy did a very nice lead by the tail. He is actually responding to the porcupine now instead of me being behind him. At one point he started to resist the pressure when I was asking him to back toward the left, but then he rethought it and followed the feel.
We sure had a good time today :D
Feb 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment