We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Feb 23, 2010

A little bit of everything.

     Gingy and I did all kinds of things today!  We did traveling circle between the cones, trotting over the cavelettis, touch it with treats(his favorite game LOL), zone 4/5 driving, and backing his hind feet into the bucket from 20 feet away!

     Today I remembered to go slow and do lots of friendly.  For a little bit he was showing tremendous energy, but after awhile it died off.  I think I might of pushed him too hard so then he lost his energy, but I almost made the mistake of continuing to push him after he slowed down.  So hooray for me!  I got slow and friendly instead of fast and ferious LOL

     I think my favorite thing about this session was when we did z4/5* driving.  Gingy was sooooooo connected!  When I just randomly stopped on the spot he stopped right with me and he didn't try to get back in z1* like he sometimes does.  Even when we neared the hay pile in front of the shed and stopped he stopped too, of course it to a little wiggle to maintain that stop LOL.  I guess actually I had two favorite things about this session.  My other favorite moment was when we got out in the pasture and I set him up to back into the bucket.  We were, like I said, 20 feet away.  He knew exactly what I wanted and back all of the way there.  When he hit the bucket he wasn't quite sure how to get both feet in, but he tried really hard for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment