We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Feb 23, 2010

Get slower, get friendly. This is difficult!!!!!!

     This post is really about two session that I've had, but one led to another so to speak.  First I had another liberty session, in which Gingy was very dominant.  And yesterday I had an online session to work on that dominance a little.

     In the liberty session we did I noticed about two really dominant instances.  One was when I asked him to do stick to me in a circle.  He responded by switching his tail and pinning his ears.  He did that exact same thing when I asked him to walk with me from distance.  These were the problems that I wanted to play with when I got a chance to do online with him. 

     When I did get that chance however things went far from smoothly.  It didn't help that I had another reason for doing the online that morning.  I was red-hot and angry with my brother, so I went down to the horses.  That is probably why I blew up at Gingy, I was really mad about some other things and he happened to be the victem of my rath.  Now I understand all of this, but when I was out there it seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  I found other challenges besides the things I'd already seen.  In fact the gratest challenge was keeping Gingy focused!  He exhibited mostly LBE traits in that online session and some of those included, lack of focus, mouthiness, and high energy.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but the truth is that Gingy would not stand still.   

     I sure learned a lot from that online session.  I learned that I still need a lot of work on my own emotional break LOL.  I also learned that you can't start trying to work through your horses problems when your own are still unsolved and unsettled.  I sure love Gingy for putting up with me!  I'm going out today hopefully, which will give me a chance to get slower and get friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment