We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Apr 8, 2010

Went on a walk and found big, scarey, mud puddle!

     My brother and I were walking Gingy and Sug when we happened to stop by some gigantic mud puddles.  Of course we both though right off: "what can we do with these hehe" LOL.  Well, my brother's horse did fine and pretty soon they were both just sitting there watching me negotiate with Gingy about crossing the mud puddle.  We did a lot of approach and retreat and that seemed to helping, but then Gabe and Sug retired to the barn and that really got Gingy scared!  It was a good thing though.  I had to really have my energy super high to deal with his RB* ness, but we got that and he was back to trying to conquer the puddle.  Pretty soon we seemed to hit a rut in the road so to speak.  When I say rut, I mean I didn't know what to do to help Gingy make progress.  I didn't want to push him, but I also felt like he needed a push.  Finally I just said a quick prayer and start operating entirely with my intuition as the leader.  It worked, Gingy finally walked mostly through it!  I said a thank you prayer and we went back to the barn.  I know we'll have to work on this a lot more, hopefully tomorrow it will be nice enough to go out again. 

     When we got back to the barn, I took Gingo's soddened halter and lead off.  I groomed him for awhile at liberty in front of the hay barn while he munched and he seemed to enjoy that.  Then I had to play with him a little to get him to go willingly back in the pen, but he did.  I said hello to Marsan, said goodbye to Gingy and trudged back up to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment