We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Apr 21, 2010

We put the pieces together!

     So yesterday was my first day of playing with Gingy since I got sick last week.  While I was sick I took some time to read some of Linda's articles on motivating the LBI.*  That helped a lot when I came down yesterday to play. 

     Just like it says in Linda's article on motivating Remmer, I started really slow with Gingy.  However, I was also quite particular to keep it interesting LOL.  We did touch it for awhile with me sitting on and upturned tank.  I don't think I've ever been that particular with him on touch it, so it was kind of a new game.  It took him awhile to figure out exactly where I wanted him to go, but he got it.  At this point he was starting to get more expressive and his energy we up.  I felt like okay it's time to let you use that energy and see what happens.

     I took him out in the pasture.  Suddenly, I wasn't quite sure I wanted to ask him for to use his energy, so instead we played a little sideways game.  Then I felt more confident to ask for some circles.  I can't say I was suprised when he went right into the trot on the first send, but I was certainly pleased!  It was really cool though because whenever I asked him to transisition into the trot all I had to do was lift my energy and point.  This hasn't really happened before, usually we have to play tag LOL. 

      He did a lot of nice laps of trot(he might of actually gotten a work out for once LOL), but sometimes he would all of the sudden come in.  That was my big puzzle until I realized that I wasn't staying in neutral!  After I started relaxing, Gingo relaxed out on the circle.  I also made another interesting little observation, I realized that Gingy was mirroring how I felt inside every moment.  When I got nervous or unsure, so did he and when I was confident he was too. 

     Hmmmmmmmm, what a cool session :)

No comments:

Post a Comment