We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Apr 18, 2010

...and Leader's get tired!

     After that great session of helping Marsan over her fear, I felt triuphent and...um, worn out(emotionally...mentally...and physically).  The next day when Mom asked me if I'd go riding I really wanted to, but I wasn't sure I was ready to do pre-ride checks with Marsan again.  Marsan must have picked up that pretty quick.

     She was like a perfect mirror of how I felt deep inside, unfocused, hesitant, and sleepy.  At first I didn't really understand why she wouldn't get with the program, but while I was saddling it finally occurred to me.  After that I relaxed.  I probably should of just called it a day, but I insisted on finishing what I'd started.  I guess that was good, but I was a bit too persistent when, at the end of our ride Marsan showed me a new challenge.  When she's been riding with the herd she sorta forgets about me(it's something we are playing with a lot), so when we came back she wouldn't even go ten feet up the road by herself.  It's strange because when I get her out and it's just us, she'll go at least thrit feet down the road.  When I started picking up on this new issue, I did realize that it was futile to work on it when I was so drained.  So I took her back to the barn feeling completely shaken.

     It wasn't the most pleasant way to find my new limits as leader of my herd, but how else would I learn LOL.  I guess I've just reached a new level of conscious incompetence.  So I'm pretty sure I'll get through, I just had to explore a little I suppose(is it that curiosity thing again?!).  However, I never thought that it might actually be a bit exhausting to be the leader for my horse.  It was exhausting in a good way though.

No comments:

Post a Comment