Well, we had to take all of the horses for a walk while my dad did some stuff down at the barn. It was nice because he was making noise down there so I got some practice in on keeping my uncertain ponies calm. They did so good that all I really had to do was tell them were to go and how fast. We did z3* driving down the road. So just to see if they were listening I would stop and they stopped imediately! Then I would bring my energy up and start to jog, they did the exact same thing! It was just awesome. A couple times when they got nervous I felt like they needed to back up and be out of my space. As soon as my life came up and they saw my finger wiggling, they started backing! For awhile we just let them graze around on this little slope we have. After awhile it was time to return to the barn so again my life came up and they looked at me like, "what are we doing now?" A couple of times they did get distracted and needed a little bump with the rope to bring their focus back, but wow for having both of them and them both being a little unconfident they did fantastic. I guess it helps me realize how far we have come with parelli and how much more fun it is just knowing that I'm safe with them.
Another thing this little morning walk did for me is it gave me a purpose and a reason for moving them around and testing our games.
Apr 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment