We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Apr 22, 2010

Best not to argue with a LBE

       Boy, did I find that out today.  I knew if somewhere in the back of my mind, but Gingy renewed my knowledge of that principle!  Lately, he has been very LBE and very dominant, as in I'll drag you to that cone if I have to! 

        I wanted to play with getting him to sway back and fourth, but not move his feet.  I approached with zone 3 driving, but he kept veering off the road to eat and as I said, he was not to be deterred!  Finally I took the hint and let him go to the grass, but I still asked him to lean back and fourth.  He got bumped a couple of times for not paying attention, but after that he got in tune with me.  Eventually, we did it!  He swayed back and fourth, without moving his feet at all and he really connected to me.

        After that just for fun I got the bucket out for him to play with.  I backed him up to it, but then it occured to me that he wouldn't know to lift his feet high enough to clear the rim.  Just as that thought crossed my mind a parellism did too: "do in your body what you want your horse to do in his."  So lifted my left foot up as if to place it in the bucket, and Gingy did the same thing.  Then I lefted my right foot and he lifted his.  There he was both feet in the bucket and me kind of in a daze LOL.  

        We did a few other things too, but those were the highlights :D  It was all a lot of fun, I love my pony!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace!
    Sounds like you're having a wonderful, wonderful time with your horses! Gingy sounds SO cute! I've messaged you on the ShareParelli -- and I think I've emailed you :)
    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete