We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Oct 23, 2009

A winter walk!

I took Gingy on a winter walk! It was sooooooo beautiful outside I just could not resist(wish I had pics). The trees were ladened with snow and there were a few icicles glistening brillantly among them. It was early morning and very crisp! We intended to go sledding that afternoon so I took him to spy out some hills.

The snow was pretty deep, but that didn't discourage Gingy, he was pawing and snuffling around every chance he got looking for some grass LOL. He sure had a lot of energy and after awhile it seemed like he was leading me instead of the other way around LOL. Needless to say, we did lots of squeezes and some falling leaf too.

I happened to stop him at a tree so he offer to touch it and after that I had him touch some more trees. It was sooooo nice of him to offer because then he was very willing to do some more since it was his idea.

At one point I had to tie to a tree so I could cross the fence between our two pastures to look at a hill. While I standing there looking I heard his squeaky voice, so I hurried back. As soon as he saw me he let out this big winnie! It was soooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! He was just standing there looking at me, then SQUEAK! LOLOLOLOL I think that was the best part of our walk.

When we left the pasture I had him do a few circles on the road since he had so much energy and he did them with just a few corrections! To think we've come from a half circle to a whole one, and from there to three whole ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment