We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Oct 2, 2009

Another demo!!!!

Yep, another demo this time I had a little crowd! I got to do it for my homeschool group and they thought it was pretty cool.

I told them how there are seven games that help classify what your doing in the task at hand and show you how to work out the problems. By explaining it I actually got it a lot more clear in my mind!

Gingy was such a good pony he gave me some nice online today and the interesting thing is that he was a lot less grumpy.

I meant to make this session four of our pattern and I did try to touch on it, but trying to explain everything while doing stuff with him was stretching it a little LOL. I do some circling game and he offered to do the pattern for me. Mainly for the sake of the audience I just asked him to maintain gait, direction, and look where he was going until I changed something. The first few times I had to assert that me coming out of neutrual meant he better get going. My, what a difference it makes when you slap the ground where they were instead of trying to slap them! Now he understands that it's his responsibility and he's not grumpy when I come out of neutrual.

He kept asking me if he could come in when he was out there showing off his interesting circling game. I told them about how much better it was for a horse to forsake his responsibilities and come in to you then for them to start pulling on the line or just stop without expression. When I brought him because he kept asking I really felt the partnership. That was because first I asked him to be a good partner for awhile out on the circle and then he asked like a partner if he could come be with me! I see how partnership runs both ways, sometimes you have to give up your goal for the sake of your horse's feelings and needs.

Wow, what a revealing demo!

Hooray for my pony! The savviest teacher in the world!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment