We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Jun 25, 2009

Yay! Connection and liberty!

This afternoon I went out to play with Gingy and it was awesome! I had to wait 'til I was confident enough to go out and accept what might happen, but it was worth it.

My mom was able to come out and watch me, so that was really cool. It always helps me be positive when she is around LOL.

First we played with the ball because the last time I had it out, it rolled at high speed under his belly and he freaked out LOL. Now I don't think he would, so I guess if my guess is right then we made progress(pun intended). I started with just bouncing it in front of him and progressed to eventually bouncing it next to him(it even hit him a couple of times...no biggy :D). I also did a lot of bouncing it under his belly, letting it hit all four of his legs, at first he was a little nervous. He even got a little bored with it all!

I did a little seven games with an obstacle and everything was feeling really good. I had him do some circling with a jump, he could jump it on one side...and walk over it on the other side. Well, even though he didn't jump it on one side he still tried really hard to maintain his responsibilities.

Then....LIBERTY!!!!!
We didn't do a lot of stuff, but he felt so much more connected then last time I did liberty. I think the fact that I really played like I was at liberty when I was online and visa versa. Last time I did liberty we had a lot of trouble with the circling game, not just with one part(send, allow, and bring-back), all of it was a mess LOL. Guess what, he actually backed up seven feet, then he waited, then I sent him and he went on p1! On the allow, he did stop a couple of times, but that's a lot better than last time when he wouldn't stop at all. When I looked at his hq he came to me immediately. So we stopped there because I wanted to keep going! LOL.

I think as far as my emotional fitness, it was great. The last few days I've been getting really frustrated every time I play with the horses. Me and my mom have been praying and talking a lot and it has really helped. The tension I was feeling this morning is mostly gone so that's good. I don't think the fact that today went well was a coincidence, because if I was still degrading myself I would've found all the little things I didn't do just right! In fact....I really had to steer my focus carefully because I kept wanting to say that it wasn't good enough. I think it was a great play session, because it all really felt like a game and this time I felt like I could actually win with Gingo :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment