We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Jun 10, 2009

That was strange...

Today when I went down to put Gingy out on pasture, I actually got mad :( I was trying to halter him through the fence just because I like to halter him in as many different ways as possible, and he wouldn't do it! All the sudden I just felt this anger welling up in me. The first thing I did was push him away and mentally start blaming him for not doing what I wanted(imagine that LOL). In the end I did realize that I was just getting mad at him without a good reason, and I was allowing him to win his game by frustrating me so that I couldn't function. But still there was just this little ball of anger the whole time I was with him and even after when I was heading up to the house.

I noticed that the angrier I got the more dominant and pushy he would get, another funny thing to note is that he had a really good expression(I think he was enjoying playing his game of dominance)the whole time, except for when he was pushing me.  OUr whole family has been really stressed lately because of financial difficulties, so being around each other has created a lot of friction just because we are all stressed.  I think maybe I was carrying this stress and frustration down to Gingo, then when I felt like I couldn't make it work I got angry.  However, I am going to treat it like a learning experience and try to do better next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment