We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Jun 21, 2009

It's my birthday!

I can't believe it! I'm now fourteen :D Not only is it my birthday, it's Farther's Day, the first day of summer, oh and it's the day of my clinic! Last year on my thirteenth birthday I was at the Colorado tour stop and this year I'm doing a parelli clinic on my birthday. How cool is that!

I guess I need to make myself write just a little every day 'cause otherwise it doesn't happen LOL.

This week we've been trailer loading Marsan and Cherroke every day(both RBs)to go to their pasture. We've been doing this for four days and now they can both load confidently in under thirty seconds! This is a lot better than on day one when it took me two hours with Cherroke and almost twenty minutes with Marsan.

Gingy is doing good too...

I had a light bulb moment the last session I had with Gingy. We were doing the figure eight online and on his right side he always wants to come around the obstacle and stop(the planted feet kinda stop). After trying all kinds of pressure and having minamal success I felt like I needed to try something new. Then I realised that it's always him making things his idea, so I made stopping my idea. Before he could stop I would stop drawing him. Eventually we could do the whole change of direction without any stopping! No confidence lost and motivation and obedience gained.

Gingy and I were trying liberty the other day and...it didn't go as well as I wanted it to. We haven't done liberty in a long time because last year I realised that we needed to get better online first. So this is our first liberty session since that decision. I was just trying to do the basic games and we had made it all the way to the circling game. Then I started backing him out...I got one step and he was gone. I ended up getting pretty frustrated and I also had to put him back online four times. However, I have to say that this liberty session wasn't a complete failer because my emotional fittness was noticably better. Not only that this is the first time I've actually known without a doubt what I need to do. I had known in theory that when something goes a miss you get back online, but that session was the first time I put it into practice.

Well that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment