We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Jun 9, 2009

Session didn't go like I wanted it to

My friend and I had a playday a couple days ago and since then I've been thinking about it. It was not a great session, for most of it Marsan was not connected or even thinking about my requests. BUT, this time I didn't make it more than it was and is, I accepted that it didn't go like I wanted it to and learned as much as I could. That's because I saw it as playing, and when your playing with a friend you don't really worry about whether it goes perfect or not. Before I've felt like it is work to go down and do stuff with the horses, when I think about it that way, then it feels like the horse is getting in the way of your "work" when he doesn't do what you want. I have made a big improvement in that I didn't really feel that frustrated, I just knew with certainty that there are good and bad sessions and they both help you to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment