We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Jun 7, 2010

Today my dream came true.

      To start with this morning I took Marsan on another longer walk.  Instead of staying on the drive way, we went back to the barn through a valley and down a trail.  Throughout this journey Marsan remained almost perfectly calm.  I did lots of different things just see how she would respond.  We did backing between and under trees, lots of driving in z3*, and HQ* disengagement.  With all of these things she did great!

       Now the second part.  Tonight we had go on another adventure because mom needed me to close the gate again.  I really felt like Marsan was ready for a bigger challenge, so I came out of the tack room with her hackamore and my helmet.  You guessed it, without delay I climbed aboard and we set out.  Although she tried circle back a few times, it was always because she wanted to eat grass.  I let her do her circle and well, she magically ended up facing in the right direction again LOL.  Usually all it took was a little suggestion with my body and the reins to put her back on course.  Most of the time she walked with her head down, a little below her withers and there was a lot of rhythm in her gait. 

     It was then  as we were walking along in the peaceful state, that it occured to me that I was doing what I'd been dreaming about last week.  I was on ride with my partner without the herd and she was perfectly trusting and calm!  So we got the gate and on the way home we did trotting, stopping, and backing up :D  It was an awesome ride!  Thank you Parelli for giving me the tools, inspiration, and support to do this.  Most of all thank you God for caring about me dreams and helping me to make them come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment