We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Jun 15, 2010

Fun at the arena

     Some friends and I went to the local riding arena with the horses, just to hang out and maybe do some barrels and patterns.  I took Marsan and a friend of my friends rode Cherroke since she couldn't transport her horse to the arena.  I am proud to say that they both did beautifully!  Cherroke ended giving a ride to each of us in turn and with each person he ajusted to fit their needs.  I rode Marsan most of the time and although she didn't always want to go where I asked she tried really hard.  We walked, backed, trotted, and loped!  I was so happy.  Plus all I had was a bare back pad :)

      I must admit that I had some intitial misgivings about taking Marsan to this new place with Cherroke, since she usually sticks to him like glue.  So I sent up a small silent prayer asking God to help me to have a good time and know what to do if Marsan got nervous.  I guess he aswered that prayer, by showing me the confident LB side of Marsan.  For as long as I've had her, I've alway visualized her as little RBI.  Try as I might, I couldn't see her as a confident, bossy, LB!  Today I was able to, so that is a big step for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment