I went out to catch Gingy in the pasture and that's where the story begins....
Yesterday when I tried tried to get Gingy to catch me, he decided it would be easier to leave LOL. This time I approached and tried to be open not tense or sneaky and I figured out that it doesn't really matter how you physically approach, it's about how you feel inside. When I got close he started to meander my way. So I waited...and he came. I thought, "hmmmmm how interesting I didn't have to do anything, he made the decision on his own." This was really a remarkable thing to me, because I'm always trying to carefully affect the situation. Now I know that sometimes you can let them decide and it's almost always better that way.
Once caught he didn't really want to focus in on me and leave his grass. I tried being annoying by constantly asking him to move his HQ* away and this worked okay. Then I went back to just backing him up since that meant he had to lift his head. I allowed him to graze for awhile with me sitting on the panel fence and experimented with getting to recognize when I was going to ask for something and when he could relax. This wasn't an extremely successful campaign I must say, but that was okay because I've let go of the need to controll everything! Oh, it just feels to good not to worry! Now I can focus on talking to Gingy, playing with him, and having fun!
We did some stuff in the pasture after he had grazed for awhile. I started out thinking that he would probably keep his focus centered on me as long as I was asking stuff, but it didn't quite happen that way. Once again, I thought, "this is okay! We can play with what we have." I asked him to trot some circles over the pole and then we did some trot to halt transition at the pole. He did really good with that so we moved to sideways over the pole. Then sideways towards and he did that just beautifully. We also attempted him jumping the jump and he did once, which was great. It was funny though, because it was like he ended up not going where he intended and there was the jump! You could literally see it in his expression, "obstacle...JUMP" and there he went LOL.
Today was just so amazing, in that I could breath, I could play, I didn't have to be afraid of not doing it right! I think Gingy sensed that to and thus, he let go and gave it his all. It was just such a playful session and I found myself laughing all of the time. You know what? I think Gingy was laughing too.
Jun 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment