We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Mar 1, 2010

Positive, progressive, and NATURAL!

     On Sunday I wanted to film some stuff with Gingy and it really got me to thinking about two aspects of pnh*  For one thing, I never really thought about the "natural" part of that positive, progressive saying.  However, now I come to realize that natural could mean a lot of things.  What it ended up meaning in this particular session, was that when in front of the lens(so to speak) do what comes "naturally" NOT what comes with difficulty!   Ha, it's simple right?!  The other thing that I was forced to think about again, was that thing about getting slower and catching your breath!  When things started to get out of control, I imediately started pushing my agenda, instead of stopping to consider the feedback Gingy was giving me.

     My dad filmed my dilema so maybe I'll post it, I definitely want to see it!  Learn from your mistakes right.

No comments:

Post a Comment