Like I said last week I learn a lot, but I also felt like, "ack, everything is falling apart again!" Trying to reconcile with that thought has been really difficult. The big change that I've made is that I consciouly realize that I've reached a new level that is why things seem so messed up. "As you progress, you have to keep taking care of your horse's emotions." This is what Linda says. I think I forgot to take care of Gingy's emotions because I was concentrating so hard on progressing with all of these new, more advance tasks. Knowing these things it makes a little easier to go forward, but it's definitely a challenge.
So where do I go from here? Good question! I've been thinking about it and I'm still pretty undecided. I don't really want to jump right back into trying to work through all of the things that fell apart. I also don't want to just halt everything. It seems like the solution is undemanding time this would give us both a chance relax. Somehow it's a little hard to for my direct-lined side to accept relaxing, but I guess I'll give it a try.
The last question in my mind is, what needs to change. How can I bring the concept of taking care of Gingy's feelings to a new level? I think starting off, I need to think more laterally. I've started to slide back into the habit of saying NO, NO, NO! All of the time, even when what he is offering is good. Maybe I need to focus more on saying, YES, YES, YES! However, I know that I have to remain the alpha, so when I tell him to do something I can't go back on that. What is the comprimise?
Mar 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment