We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Mar 12, 2010

Gingy's circles and discovery!

     Today some of the mud dried up on the road so we got a chance to play with circling.  Mom came down today to observe us and give her feedback(thanks mom!).  It turned out that we didn't really need any help with anything, Gingy did his circles so well!  He did a couple laps of walk both way and a couple of laps a of trot both ways too!   When I asked him to trot he did okay, but he slowed to walk while he was behind me.  I decided to walk with him, trusting that he would maintain gait and also ready to correct if he had trouble again.  He didn't so I stopped walking with him, then he did another lap without slowing behind me. 

     One thing that mom observed was that Gingy was stiff going left at the trot, but I noticed him blowing and putting his head down after a lap or so.  After we did circling mom asked to see his lateral flexion and we made another discovery.  Flexing toward the right(stretching his left side muscles) he did alright, but he held his head a strange tilted position.  Flexing left he kept his head upright.  After the lateral flexion mom started massaging along Gingy's neck and back, which were both pretty tight.  After awhile Gingo's head started to drop, he licked his lips, sighed, and he even started swaying!  I'd tentitively tried massage with Gingy before, but "tentitively"  That's what Marsan always likes when I massage her, but Gingy likes it deep and strong!  Knowin this I'm hoping to do more massage with him in the near future, I guess this fixes my problem of bad weather!


     Oh, today was just such a wonderful session, we had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment