Once again a beautiful warm day! Once again I went riding on Marsy. Of course first there were the pre-ride checks and this time I used a saddle so there was that aspect too. Marsy was pretty good about all of it. In fact this time she let me do all of her feet on the first try! Instead of the cs* ss* I used my rope and she wasn't exactly thrilled about that, but she was calm. We did have to spend a little while on circling though, but eventually she got that too. I checked her lateral flexion and scramble onto her back.
Of course the first thing she wanted to do was eat hay. We played the hay game again, where she had to walk to all of the different hay pile. In the end she decided to go out on the road to see my mom who was taking pictures LOL. We did transitions, touch it(that was Marsy's idea), and the figure eight pattern. Marsan was kind of sluggish most of the time which suprised me since she is usually more extroverted when you ride her, maybe that was because of the pre-ride checks. There were a couple of instances when she got downright introverted, so I waited at phase one until she tried just a little then I let her think on it for awhile. She did have several big releases and was constantly licking her lips so that's a good sign. Oh, it was just so much fun to ride again! The winter has been too long!
Mar 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment