Wow, haven't posted in forever!!!!! I kinda got frustrated and when that happens it gets really hard to keep posting LOL.
I'm working through my frustration one thing at a time and I am on the mend(emotionally). I think my frustration was actually the preperation for a BREAKTHROUGH.
I always thought I understood what "make vs want" meant and now I find a new level of understanding. I realised that I was actually trying to "make" Gingy "want" to do the things I wanted....and let me tell you it wasn't going very well. I got really stuck on getting more out of him on circles and the more I bugged him about it the less he gave me. Now we are back to ask for less and see what he offers, which so far has been great as it always is when I'm doing the right thing. Thanks to my friends on the savvy forum sharing their experiences I had a lot more ideas and from there we've made a lot of progress.
The other day I had an awesome play session with him. First I went out and took him for a little graze and on the way I had him do some traveling circle. At first he was not interested in what I wanted he just wanted to stop and eat weeds every step or so(silly pony). In end because I was passively persistent in the proper position he offered and then I let him GRAZE!
So after that little outing I let him go and mucked out the pen, then when I was done we partnered up again. Low and behold someone left a bucket of treats in the round pen just for him! So he got to eat his treats and we spent UTD for awhile. Then I toyed a little at liberty with him. I put the ball on his back and bounced it next to him, which he didn't mind. I got a hoola hoop and put it around his neck so I could lead him with it and that was fun.
One big note is that things were getting so good that I stopped praying to God and trusting him. I guess I thought that now I could do it all by myself and that was a big deception. So in a way this breakthrough with my horse has also been another part of my spiratual journey. How interesting......
Aug 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment