We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Aug 17, 2009

One saying comes to mind....

"be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid of standing still" -japanese proverb.

Yep, we are going and we are going slowly. Still I will keep playing instead of staying my comfort zone :-) I know with certainty that there will be more break throughs yet to come and lots more fun sessions too. I guess I'll just keep celebrating the little things and let the big things come by themselves. Above all I will keep trying to learn from everything I do with my horses(oh yeah and the rest of life LOL).

I played with Marsan for about an hour this morning. I felt like we should go out of the pen, so we did and that was interesting. She was pretty nervous, still not too RB to eat grass LOL. So we did a little sideways, squeeze, touch it, driving game, etc. Then we came back and tweeked our figure eight. I don't think I released at the right time, I'm pretty sure that's because I'm still trying to figure out what I'm looking for. It was funny waiting for her to process whatever there was to process. She took a long time to do it and my back was starting to ache by the time she came and shoved me(her way of letting me know she is done processing). So we settled on that. I'll have to think more about the change I want so I'll be more prepared next time.

I didn't really intend to play with Gingy, still I couldn't resist testing something at liberty....
I wanted to lead by the leg and and that morphed into leading him by the leg to put his foot on something. I guess he must of gotten bored with the whole thing or didn't understand and got frustrated. He did that thing that all LBI do, he started thinking resistant thoughts. Well, lets just say he got really dominant. I didn't have time to deal with it, so I'll have to work on that with him later.

Yep, I'm in a rut right now, at least I know I won't be forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment