This morning I got to play with Marsan and guess what we did...we played touch it!!!! Marsan's favorite game! I think almost every time I've gotten her out since she learned touch it, that is the first thing she offers to do and when she is unsure about something she tries to play touch it LOL.
I really looked for that change this time and I didn't quit when she got the task right I released when she became a more trusting and confident partner.
We went for distance and then we did quality and it was all great!!! I knew I would get out of this rut!
At first the distance really bothered her since she usually likes to be right next to me. So I gave her big releases whenever she tried. That's how I gained the trusting part, she trusted me to take care of her even all the way out at the end of the 12'. I knew she had become more confident when she went to the obstacle(piece of wood), grabbed it with her lips, and shook it LOL. Then we released big time and she licked and chew for awhile.
I found that she had some trouble looking at me with both eyes so we played with that. Eventually she did make a little change so I decided to leave it at that. I must of done something right because when I took the halter off she kept following me, even when I went through the round pen gate(usually she runs through)!
It actually took me a lot of courage to go out and play with her this morning. I prayed again that God would give me an open mind and help me to know what Marsan needed. After I prayed I felt the fear ebbing away and I know that is because I started trusting in god instead of myself. Thank you Lord for great play session with my special little mare :D
It was all just great :)
Aug 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment