I didn't really feel like going down and doing something with the horses, but I just couldn't help it! I always feel bad for Gingy being in the pen alone while the others are out at pasture, so I decided to take him out for a little munch. I was so happy because he was actually more connected than he has been in the past. He had a really good expression and I was actually not having to go all the way to p4 every time! Best of all, he would sometimes come over and check in with me!!!!!! Every once in awhile he would get kinda unconnected, I can understand why though. Sometimes it was me having trouble being effective, and sometimes it was just that he started to think about grass more than his benevolent leader LOL.
Lately Marsan has been difficult about getting caught out in the pasture. I'm pretty sure it was because we'd been letting her get away with just blasting through the gate to go out to pasture and then blasting through to come in. Then on that fateful day when I came out there with a halter, what do you suppose she and the rest of th herd did LOL, of course they ran...and ran...and ran. So now we are back to our first policy about going out to pasture, the horse must get it's halter on LOL. I was really proud of her, since today when I came out with a halter(as a test), came to me and run off when she found out what I was holding. At first she did want to run, I retreated, and then we came to that understanding.
As for myself, I am glad that "I" had the understanding to see that Gingy wasn't trying to be mean by getting unconnected. I'm also glad that I had the courage to believe that Marsan could come to me and that Gingy could be a partner even in the grass.
Aug 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment