Did the figure eight the other day with Marsy and it really stumped me...but only for a little while :)
For quite some time Marsan has been having trouble giving me two eyes on one of the draws. I just could not figure it out, because no matter what I did she would always brace her head away. Yesterday it was finally clear after a ton of experimentation!
She wasn't thinking like a partner I don't think she was thinking at all. It seems like there were just a lot of braces in her mind and since I never changed anything she had no reason to come out of her withdrawal. So I did some transitions whenever she proved that she wasn't thinking and she started licking and chewing up a storm. Amazingly then she was able to give me a couple of nice draws where she was thinking with me. When I did eventually bring her in she was blowing and licking hard. It was just awesome to find the solution and understand her a little better. Now I know that I might be doing to much waiting and I need to keep her more involved so she can't go there.
Part of how I figured out that she wasn't thinking was realizing that neither of her draws on the figure eight were good. On the other side even though she did it if I were to change something like ask her to draw longer or stop her, she either would be jerky about switching gears or she just wouldn't do it.
I might need to tweak a few things because I think I might of made a little to much noise. I think this because sometimes she would just come to a complete stop without checking in. Although, as time went on she did this less and less, so it could be she did that as she came back to me, so to speak.
No matter what I learned a ton from that session and it was totally AWESOME!!!!
Sep 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment