We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Sep 14, 2009

A milllion transitions :-)

Goodness, I'm still busy Busy BUSY! So it's been hard to find time to play with my ponies. I'm slowly recovering from whatever this sickness that I have is, so that's good.

Today, I came down to help put the horses out to pasture. Marsy really wanted to hurry up get her halter on and that was great. I accidently bumped her cheek and I found that when I just kept going and didn't worry about it she didn't either.

So once we got the halter on, then she start getting panicky about getting out the gate right away. So I tried to get her mind on me by asking her to back up and that helped.

Last time I worked with her A million transitions really seemed to help her relax and connect. So we started playing with a lot of transitions as we walked along and that was fun. I tried to see how little I could do to let her know she needed to make a transition. She was pretty fractious still, but we are getting better and better. I liked it that she really put a lot of try into what I was asking.

Hopefully I'll get to play with Gingy today, just gotta get all of my school done LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment