We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Sep 26, 2009

Resolutions:I'm gonna stick to my plans and spend more undemanding time!

Played with Marsy the other day :)

I had planned to do a short warm up and then focus on riding....okay well I think I need to get a little better at sticking to my plans LOL. I ended up getting sidetracked quite a few times and that confused Marsy. One minute we'd be playing touch it, then I would all the sudden have an inspiration to rub her legs or something. After a while she just went inside herself :( So we got slow and friendly til she licked and relaxed again. I'm glad she is so forgiving of me learning curves!

Was it picking on her to keep just finding random things that she was afraid of then all the sudden trying to get her confident with it. I know I felt like deep inside that was not the best option, not only for her but for me too. What happened was that I became burned out because I felt like we weren't getting anywhere. Marsan seemed to get confused and afraid to the point that she went inside herself again. I just need to stick to my plans so I can be a better leader with her, that's my knew resolution!

In this particular session I felt strongly how Marsan was tuning herself to my emotions. I felt this strongly when I started to get really discouraged and she seemed to get discouraged right along with me. I cannot pretend that everything is great when it's not(I found that out in another session), but I know Marsan draws a lot of her confidence from her leader/s. I guess the best thing to do is tell the truth and then spend undemanding time. I think I need undemanding time as much as she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment