Yep, today I moseyed and I'll tell ya all about it!
I came down to get the horses in from pasture and I only found one that willing be caught. Marsan and Cherroke did not want to be caught and I could tell they had a little bubble going on, well no matter. I took Sug and we trailed along behind them. Marsan came and sniffed my hand, but when she didn't find treats she promtly went flouncing off, ha, silly pony LOL. After awhile it occurred to me that there wasn't really a specific reason for catching them if they were headed for home anyway and thats when we really got to moseying cause we were thinking about moseying instead of catching(they were just waiting for their silly human to get it LOL). We were nearly home when Sug and I came abreast of Marsan, I decided in honor of the fact that we were kind of herding the herd toward home I shoe her along(even though I really wanted to just catch her right there!). So I shoed her and she didn't go very far before turning and facing, "well, cool I guess your ready". So I triumphantly lead to pony mares back to the pen :D Then I went and got the naughty pony gelding LOL.
It's time for a Gingy update!
he is just about as fat as ever and still totally enjoying ruling his little world LOL. The other day I played point to point with him in the pasture and that was fun, way out of my comfort zone though LOL. You see, I was afraid of taking him out on the grass, because I figured he would just eat and eat. He suprised me by actually being more willing, I think that was because I allowed him to eat a little if would try for me. It didn't take him very long to realise that we were going to a specific place, once he figured that out we just had to get rid of the resistant thoughts LOL. With a little bit of understanding, he came right around and that's when we came to a screeching hault, to put it mildly LOL. Oh and he is teaching me a pattern! I really wanted to give him a positive pattern for feeding time and just couldn't seem to find a good starting place. We ended with a pattern because I didn't really think about it very hard and I'm a creature of habit. I enter at the far end of the corral, he meets me, we walk together to his stall, I send him in squeeze style, he faces up...eventually, I back him into the corner, ask him to stay there, shut the stall(big boss will get his food if I don't!), get his feed, then he back up, and I throw it in!
I watched the online patterns and found it interesting how much Pat waited with all of the horses. He would ask them to do something and just wait while they figured it out, only using subtle signals when they asked the question or did the wrong thing. I can't wait to experiment with that! I also could see how Pat would put the relationship first by jumping all over them the first time they made a mistake. He gently reminded them of their responsibities if the mistake continued and I think he gained a lot of rapport because of it. Another thing to try :)
Tomorrow I'm going to my friends house to play ponies, can't wait to write about it.
Sep 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment