You've probably noticed that I don't write much about Marsy and me anymore. Here's some of my musings over this. Please leave me comments if you have any thoughts or ideas!
I got Marsy in 2008 and it's only been in the last three months or so that I've really seen her click into place with my family and with the herd. Previously, she just wasn't quite like the quirky, sweet, little mare we all know now.
But now I'm starting to question our relationship. I really have come to love Gingy, at first I couldn't be sure whether we had something between us. Now I know that we have a special bond! Well, that's great, but now I really don't want to get to know Marsan. She and I have clashed in the past because neither of us was strong enough for the other, if I went RBI Marsan would already be there! So we just got really frustrated and hurt by each other a lot.
Maybe I am strong enough now, but now I'm so used to being with Gingy that being with Marsan is confusing and uncomfortable. Most people tell me that it's easier if you put all your focus into one horse until you are advanced enough to really offer something to the other. In fact that's why Marsy is here, she was supposed to be that first horse and Gingo sorta beat her to it. I guess I'd be willing to take Marsan on full time except that I don't have time for both Gingy and Marsan this winter.
My biggest concern is how she looks at me with those big brown eyes and tries to approach me all the time. However, when I'm with Gingy the best I can do is say a quick hello. Actually all of our horses are always trying to get my attention, but I just can't seem to divide my time between all of them. It hurt most not to give much to Marsan because she is considered to be my responsibility.
My plan for right now(and I hope I have the fortitude to follow through with it!) is to start playing intensely with Marsy after Gingy and I audition and just spend undemanding time with Gingy. Maybe Gingy and I will be able to have short sessions here and there, but I do want to shift my main focus to Marsan. Hopefully then I can work with her through the summer. Is anyone else in my shoes? Any ideas?
Jan 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment