We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Jan 3, 2010

Here's what we've been doing :)

Oh my goodness you guys, I haven't posted in forever. Guess I've just been really busy with the holidays and I've been a little frustrated with the journey lately. I think maybe I just have a cycle and maybe this is how it goes: 1) things going okay 2) find a problem 3) get pretty frustrated with the new challenge 4) have a break through! Then I'm back to the first part of the cycle LOL.



Okay well guess I should tell a little about all of the sessions I've been having of late. I haven't played with Marsan that much because I still don't really know what to do with her LOL. I have had the opportunity to hang out with her a little bit and that's been nice.



Gingy and I have been playing a lot together. I trying to get over my circling addiction but it's pretty hard and I've simply had to come to a compromise. My solution is to keep working on different aspects of the circle that way when we are ready we can come back to it and hopefully it'll be better.



Lately I've been really interested in liberty and I've kind of been playing with it. We did a little liberty the other day and I have to say it was a lot of fun. I think what I'm enjoying most about liberty right now is 1) the challenge of getting Gingy to understand and do what I want with the convenience of dragging him around on a line! 2) I really like it when Gingy offers to do something, then I have to find a way to turn it into what I want him to do. I guess there's one other thing that I really and that is getting to test things we've done online, the holes in every task sure show when your at liberty.



In my last session with Gingy we toyed with some of the things we're going to need for a level two figure eight. I feel like this is where we need to go next at least with this pattern because Gingy is so bored with level 1 FE that he simply won't do it LOL. What have we been doing to prepare for this more difficult pattern? Well, we've been working on simply drawing at the trot and a little bit of redirection. I want to eventually get back circling because the thing we need most for our lvl 2 FE is a steady trot. Back in the fall of 2008, I did a lot of point to point traveling circle with Gingy and had started to do really well with it. But I had to give it because unmanagable weather set in. Since then I haven't worked consistently with that pattern and I honestly don't know why since it work well last time! So I want to get back to doing that in a little while, maybe if I have any luck the weather will improve too.



That's pretty much what we've been doing lately. Hopefully I'll have more time for quick posts now that the holidays are out of the way for a little bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment