I was so tired from everything yesterday, in a good way, however since I was so tired I couldn't really process it all. Now I've kinda got it processed, naturally there is still a lot to think about though.
Here are the big things that I learned on Friday:
How to find an effective phase four. We all got to watch Pat doing this with the spotlight horses and the rescue horses. As I kept watching him doing this I started to really understand how it doesn't need to be big. I think the more you can have an assertive feel in yourself, a kind of soft confidence, then the promising part of the phases makes more sense.
Circles with rthym, relaxation, and Contact. I knew about the rthym and relaxation and yesterday I got to learn about contact on the circle! Basically with most of the liberty spotlight horses they needed to be more connected on the circle. It was really interesting and meaningful to watch how Pat asked the spotlighters to use different approaches to get that contact and connection on the circle. I'm still working on getting the rthym and relaxation, so contact is something out in the future for me, still it could be just around the corner :D
Teaching respect by waiting. When Pat was playing with the rescue horse there was a lot of times when he just waited and caused the horse to respect him more. The horse really started to want to be connected to Pat, sometimes when Pat was waiting there was would be a time when he subtly restated his position as alpha. It was amazing how smart the rescue horse got because Pat didn't just drag him around!
So those were my big learning highlights for yesterday.
I've been taking pictures so I'll try and post those as soon as I get home :)
Jul 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment