We're the Blaze Gang

Welcome to our blog! I'm studying Parelli Natural Horsemanship with my two ponies, Gingo and Marsan. Both of them have flashy white blazes, hence the name. However, our name is more than just a play on the ponys' markings, it reflects what we are trying to do. We're blazing a new trail, one we've never traveled before; we are becoming true partners. Hopefully some day we'll be a trio all playing to together at the same time. This blog is dedicated to documenting all that we learn and all of our adventures too.

Jul 29, 2009

Still licking and chewing...

I'm now home and still processing all that I've learned. There was an amazing amount of information displayed in the whole KC celebration and I hope that I absorbed most of it.

I didn't write the second two days because I was a bit more concerned about getting into bed so that I would have enough energy to get up at 5:40!

It was nice to see my ponies again. I a nice little conversation with each of them. With Gingo I had a lot of fun because he would scoot his hoof about a centimeter and then I would back him up twenty and be like "yes, I did see you do that". It felt really good just talking to him and being able to be assertive, that's one thing that became clearer to me while I was at the celebration. With Marsan it was nice because I was able still have assertiveness with her and at the same time be gentle. I felt like I had that assertive-gentle balance with both of my ponies, however it was more noticable with Marsan. I think that's because with Marsan if you are unbalanced the effects are more noticable(at least to me).

I think the coolest part of the being at the celebration was that I met Fran and Olivia! *waves hi to Fran and Olivia* I've kinda known them through the forum, so meeting them in person was really cool!

I'll be posting more about my experiences at the celebration as I process it all LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment