Hello all,
I know I said a long time ago that a new blog was coming and finally I can give you the link. I know it's very different from this one and I am still tweaking it quite a bit, but I hope you will all like it.
There were more reasons than one behind the silence around this place. The biggest reason I haven't written anything in so long is that I pretty much took a vacation from working with the horses. This was because I needed to get some perspective and I needed to answer a question that had been nagging at me for a long time, "why do I work with horses?" Up until I took my "vacation" the answer had always been, "so that I can be perfect at something." So far this response to the question had only made me miserable. When I finally got away from the training aspect of horses, I realized that my daily visits to the barn at feed time where actually highlights for me. This was because when I looked into those expectant furry faces I enjoyed them just for them, not for the accolades they could bring me or the complements, just for them.
I guess you could say that I've always loved horses, but that that love got buried when I started training them. My love for horses returned to me when I stepped back, and even now as I get serious about training again the perfectionist beliefs that haunted me before, are falling down flat in the face the joy I am now sharing with my herd.
With that little explanation I invite you to tour my new blog: http://journeyofmanyseasons.blogspot.com/
Apr 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment